It is quite annoying when the computer starts running slow and work starts piling up. This situation is intimidating to such an extent that the user feels like giving up everything. However, instead of going crazy, there are few things to check, as they may help in bringing back the speed within no time. Take a look at some of the best solutions to consider.
- Look for programs you don’t use every day. This is because they need not run at start-up, as they do nothing but consume resources. Therefore, go to start menu, type ‘msconfig’. A window will pop up; select the ‘start up’ tab. Now check, whether you need all these programs running all the time or not.
- Identify programs and processes that take most resources. For this, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to get the task manager. Now select processes and sort by Memory and CPU to check what all is tying up the resources. You may come across a program that’s useless or a site that hangs.
- Defragmentation is also important due to the fact that data on the system gets fragmented in different locations on the drive. While new operating systems have automatic defragmenting feature, you need to do it manually on other systems.
- Next comes cleaning the temporary files that are written on the PC when a website is visited. Being nothing more than a clutter, these files hamper the speed of the system.
- Coming to the next important thing is checking utilization of disk drive. Always check that you have not exceeded the limited space on the drive.
- You may find it silly but keeping too many windows open actually slow down the system.
- Make sure you your system has enough RAM. If the existing RAM is limited, adding memory will make a big difference. You can check the space available on your RAM by going to the system properties.
- Check whether the backup is running or not. Also, check that the antivirus is running a full system scan. This is important because scheduled processes reduce the speed of the computer.
- Last but not the least, look for virus or malware attack. A system turns extremely slow when it is infected; hence, running a full system scan is very important.
These tips are relay helpful if your computer is running slow and not responding the way it should. Before giving up and planning to buy a new PC, always go for useful tips to fix the errors. Why spend huge bucks when implementing these easy tips can bring back your computer’s lost speed and performance.