People do save their time on weekends for maintaining their homes and cars. This is absolutely right but if you were more responsible towards your computer, it could have served you even better. Slow computer is a common problem with even more easy solutions. You know the foundation is cleanliness but very few actually follow it. Just like other machines your computer does need you attention and basic things to extend the longevity. Here goes a checklist of the things every computer user should do at home for adding speed to his computer.
ANNAUL MAINTENANCE OF COMPUTERS
You schedule the annual tune up of your car, take appointment with dentist every 6 months then why you cannot take up annual maintenance of your laptop or desktop with an IT expert to solve the problems breeding inside and hampering the speed of your computer. Clutter and dirt around your laptop not only shows how lazy and careless you are but also tell that you are least bothered about the extra money you may have to spend soon on the computer repairs.
Giving time to your computer is utmost important nowadays. The modern life feels disabled with a computer or smart phone not working well. Don’t let your lack of knowledge and times affect your computer’s performance.
OPTMIMIZE YOUR COMPUTER SPEED
Looking out for ways to speed up my computer? Read the simple yet effective methods.
- Feeling overwhelmed about the slow speed of computer can be fixed in just 5 minutes. You need to clean your desktop since it is not a storage area. Delete or remove the files to the drives to keep it organized. Unnecessary files should be removed to help your computer run fast.
- Your computer can run as new if you have zapped up the apps. World seems to run on apps nowadays. Do you know you use only 20 percent of your apps in 80 percent of time? If you have not used an app for quite some time it is probably the right time to delete it from your system. Many applications such as photo editing software never come to use to the expensive camera holders.
- Limit your social circle. Many of you might be wondering what your social circle has to do with the computer’s performance. Keep your circle tight and utilize this time to change the account settings. Disconnect with the old applications you once upon installed.
Don’t forget to tune up before it tunes out. Prevent a total computer meltdown by hiring assistance to tune up your computer from the professionals.
It is quite annoying when the computer starts running slow and work starts piling up. This situation is intimidating to such an extent that the user feels like giving up everything. However, instead of going crazy, there are few things to check, as they may help in bringing back the speed within no time. Take a look at some of the best solutions to consider.
- Look for programs you don’t use every day. This is because they need not run at start-up, as they do nothing but consume resources. Therefore, go to start menu, type ‘msconfig’. A window will pop up; select the ‘start up’ tab. Now check, whether you need all these programs running all the time or not.
- Identify programs and processes that take most resources. For this, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to get the task manager. Now select processes and sort by Memory and CPU to check what all is tying up the resources. You may come across a program that’s useless or a site that hangs.
- Defragmentation is also important due to the fact that data on the system gets fragmented in different locations on the drive. While new operating systems have automatic defragmenting feature, you need to do it manually on other systems.
- Next comes cleaning the temporary files that are written on the PC when a website is visited. Being nothing more than a clutter, these files hamper the speed of the system.
- Coming to the next important thing is checking utilization of disk drive. Always check that you have not exceeded the limited space on the drive.
- You may find it silly but keeping too many windows open actually slow down the system.
- Make sure you your system has enough RAM. If the existing RAM is limited, adding memory will make a big difference. You can check the space available on your RAM by going to the system properties.
- Check whether the backup is running or not. Also, check that the antivirus is running a full system scan. This is important because scheduled processes reduce the speed of the computer.
- Last but not the least, look for virus or malware attack. A system turns extremely slow when it is infected; hence, running a full system scan is very important.
These tips are relay helpful if your computer is running slow and not responding the way it should. Before giving up and planning to buy a new PC, always go for useful tips to fix the errors. Why spend huge bucks when implementing these easy tips can bring back your computer’s lost speed and performance.
Read More>>Know How to pace up the Speed of Your Slow Running Computer